Monday, November 16, 2009

Confessor Over Chemicals

I have remained confident in a majority of what would go on this list for many years, but there were always holes and uncertainty. Still some songs come up in my life that I think should take the place of others.

The latest change has been the removal of Chemical Brothers, Star Guitar in exchange for Annuals, Confessor. I realized it was not the song Star Guitar that I loved, but rather the video for the song directed my Michel Gondry. A simple train ride through factory yards and small cottage lined streets that is in perfect syncopation with the beat of the song. The few lyrics of the song have each word represented by a single individual passing by the train. This is one of the most beautiful video illustrations of all time and would easily make anyone fall for the song as well.
Star Guitar


However, the video for Confessor by the group Annuals it a masterpiece as well: A medieval setting of someone who possesses such a strong vision that it is the undoing of his would be torturer who in turn sets him free and joins him in his escape. The difference here is that the song can stand on it's own without the visual aid and this is what lead to the change in my list.



Confessor:

No comments: