Monday, November 16, 2009

Crowded House : When You Come



This is an Epic Jam! My childhood favorites rarely make it into my adult list, as with a lot of music we first connect to when we are teenagers. However Crowded House is an exception. They are the one Band that i have liked since i first heard them in 1987 when i was 13.

When you Come is the first song on what was side 2 of their second album i had on tape called Temple of the Low Men. My fondest memory of this song was listening to the cassette on my Walkman when i was 15 and in the Swiss Alps on the french Boarder.



I went on a school trip, but i had no business being in Europe. None of my friends went with me and I was very lonely since the French Language was unknown to me. But yet there i was, in the snow covered mountains on a large Bus sitting by myself and This song came through my headphones like a message from universe. The Backdrop of blue and white mountains that peaked through the cold shadows of the small winding roads we were on and the awesome power of this classic song was a perfect marriage of sound and vision.

It was my favorite time that i was in France and it is no surprise to me that it involves Music.

No comments: