Monday, November 16, 2009

Olive's Miracle

A good sign that a song is one of your favorites is that no matter how often it comes up in the shuffle of your library, you never skip it. Olive came to me in 1996 when i was working at Blockbuster Music right after i graduated college. We played this Cd in the store where I worked and it became one of my favorites.

Ruth Ann's voice reminds me of a quite tempered Lady Miss Kier from Deee Lite. Miracle is the first track off their debut album and has a nice Dub quality to it. I also like its length on the Cd at 7.5 minutes. Olive broke up after only 2 albums, but Ruth Ann has gone onto work with Enigma on a number of tracks- the stand Out number of which I find to be Gravity Of Love. Also, she released a solo Album last year that will satisfy any avid Olive fans just to hear her voice again.

No comments: